COVID-19 Information & Updates
Everglades University has been very aware of the COVID 19 “epidemic” and is concerned for the health and wellbeing of our faculty, staff and students. At the present time all Everglades University campuses are operating under normal conditions. We have been having on-going calls with our Campus Leadership to guide the university in its response to this virus and also to discuss a contingency plan should we need one.
So far we have taken the following precautionary measures:
- We have disinfectant globes positioned at all entrances. For campuses without these they have been ordered.
- We have requested our cleaning teams at each campus bleach all door handles and desk tops and common area spaces at the campuses.
- We have posted signs in the bathrooms and around the campus encouraging students & staff & faculty to wash are their hands frequently.
- We have posted notices at the entrances that anyone with COVID19 symptoms should not enter the campus and should then call the campus for assistance.
We are monitoring each campus’s local community to be able to appropriately respond to any potential problem. However, we believe it is in the best interest of our students that all campuses operate in a normal fashion unless specific circumstance require immediate action. Please contact your campus Vice President if you become aware of specific threats. In the meantime, you can ensure that you and your teammates follow the following guidelines.
Promote everyday preventive health behaviors on and off campus:
- Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue. If you don’t have a tissue, cough and sneeze into the inside of your elbow, not your hands.
- Stay home when sick. (if your student is out, please work with them on assignments, etc.)
- Wash hands often with soap and water. If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
Please be aware that we are monitoring the CDC website and directives to ensure up to date information.
Everglades University Blackboard
In the event Everglades University ground campuses located in Miami, Sarasota, Tampa, Orlando or Boca are impacted, students will be transitioned to utilize Blackboard’s e-companion classroom instruction. All students should currently have access to their e-companion login, please contact your campus now to ensure your login is active and working.
To log in to Blackboard, students, staff, or faculty would go to: https://evergladesuniversity.blackboard.com
Username would be the Everglades University email address for all users; password is user-specific.
For online students there should be no interruption to your online Blackboard courses. In the event this changes we will provide further updates.
Thank you, to all of our students for your support and patience as we navigate this situation. Please contact your campus with any further questions you may have.
Resources Available to the Everglades University Community
- Coronavirus Disease 2019 Overview
- Coronavirus Situation Update
- About Coronavirus – FAQs, Symptoms, Prevention & Treatment
Florida Department of Health: Resources
The FL Department of Health (DOH) is operating a call center 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to respond to questions: 1-866-779-6121 or COVIDfirstname.lastname@example.org.
Update Your Contact Information
In the event of a campus emergency, Everglades University uses the Omnilert System to notify students, faculty, and staff via phone calls, text messages, and emails.
Students: If you have recently updated you home or mobile phone numbers, you will need to notify your campus registrar immediately.
Faculty and Staff: If you have recently updated you home or mobile phone numbers, you will need to visit https://employee.oasispayroll.com/ and update their contact information.