|Mission Statement | Memberships
Accreditation | FAQ
Corporate History | Academic History
Everglades University holds membership in:
- Florida Association of Postsecondary Schools and Colleges
- Florida Association of Bursars and Student Accounting Administrators
- Florida Airport Council (FAC)
- Construction Management Association of America-West Florida Chapter
- Association of Private Sector Colleges and Universities (APSCU)
- Florida Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators
- Southern Association of Colleges and Employers
- National Association of Colleges and Employers
- The Greater Boca Raton Chamber of Commerce
- NAFSA: Association of International Educators
- Florida Career Professionals Association
- American Library Association (ALA)
- Florida Library Association (FLA)
- Economic Development Corporation-Sarasota County
- Seminole County Chamber of Commerce
- Gulf Coast Builders Exchange
- Human Resource Association of Broward County
- Society of Human Resource Management
- Associated Builders and Contractors: Florida East Coast Chapter
- Associated Builders and Contractors: Florida Gulf Coast Chapter
- Associated Builders and Contractors: Central Florida Chapter
- Orlando Regional Chamber of Commerce
- The Greater Sarasota Chamber of Commerce
- Manatee Chamber of Commerce
- Southeast Library Information Network (SEFLIN)
- Association of Colleges and Research Libraries (ACRL)
- Broward County Chamber of Commerce
- Florida Health Sciences Library Association (FHSLA)
- Tampa Bay Library Consortium (TBLC)
- Northeast Florida Library Information Network (NEFLIN)
- U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC)
- University Aviation Association (UAA)
- Lakewood Ranch Business Alliance
- Aviation Accreditation Board International (AABI)
- Career Directors International (CDI)
- Winter Park Chamber of Commerce
- The Greater Sanford Regional Chamber of Commerce
- Independent Colleges and Universities of Florida (ICUF)
Everglades University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACS) to award bachelor’s and master’s degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Everglades University.
Is Everglades University affordable? In most cases, prospective students are able to afford Everglades University. The Financial Services Department provides assistance to those students who qualify for financial aid in order to pay for tuition expenses.
Can a full-time working student attend Everglades University? Our convenient schedules allow students to work full-time or part-time while completing their degrees.*
*Please contact the campus of your choice for class schedule availability.
Does Everglades University accept transfer credits? For students enrolling at Everglades University, transfer credits will be subject to approval by the University. These courses must be similar in content and duration to those offered in the program for which the student has applied.
In August of 1998, Arthur and Belinda Keiser purchased American Flyers College (American Flyers, Inc. now Everglades University). In the fall of 1999, the College’s name was changed to Everglades College and it was relocated to Fort Lauderdale, FL. In January of 2000, the Keisers created Everglades College, Inc. which was incorporated as a not-for-profit corporation in the State of Florida.
In August of 2002, the US Department of the Internal Revenue Service recognized Everglades College, Inc. as a not-for-profit 501 (c) (3) corporation and Everglades College, Inc. became independently operated by a Board of Trustees. On September 1, 2002, Dr. Arthur Keiser donated the value of the stock of American Flyers, Inc. to the corporation (Everglades College, Inc.).
In September 1990, American Flyers College (now Everglades University) was founded in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. American Flyers College became a nationally accredited college under the standards of the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges of Technology (ACCSCT) and was licensed by the Florida State Board of Independent Colleges and Universities (SBICU) to award Associate of Science Degrees.
In 1997, American Flyers College moved to the Pompano Air Park to better serve its student body. Later in 2000, to better serve the needs of the community, Everglades College added Bachelor of Science Degrees with majors in Business Administration, Information Technology, Applied Management, Aviation Management, and Professional Aviation.
In the fall of 2002, Everglades College became one of the first colleges in the country to offer a Bachelor of Science Degree with a major in Alternative Medicine.
In January 2003, the State of Florida, Department of Education, Commission for Independent Education granted approval to open the Sarasota Branch Campus of Everglades College. In May of 2003, Everglades College received approval to offer Master’s Degrees in Business Administration, Information Technology, and Aviation Science. In December of 2003, Everglades College officially changed its name to Everglades University and also received approval to offer a Bachelor of Science Degree in Aviation Technology.
In April 2004, the Main Campus of Everglades University relocated to Boca Raton, Florida. In August 2004, the State of Florida, Department of Education, Commission for Independent Education granted approval to open the Orlando Branch Campus of Everglades University. In August of 2005, Everglades University was granted approval to offer the Bachelor of Science Degree with a major in Construction Management. In 2011, Everglades University was granted approval to offer two additional Bachelor of Science Degrees with Majors in Alternative and Renewable Energy Management and Crisis and Disaster Management, and the Master's Degree in Entrepreneurship.
Effective January 2010, Everglades University is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award bachelor's and master's degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Everglades University.