Earning a hospitality degree online is an excellent option for those students who want to learn more about the service industry. This versatile degree covers a wide range of subjects and areas of study, including business, service, and marketing.
Students who earn this degree have the world at their fingertips. Not only can you land a career at a large hotel chain, but you could also go into business for yourself with your own getaway spot. The hospitality industry is vital in hot vacation spots but also can be quite profitable in tucked-away secret oasis’ that no one knows about yet.
Earning your hospitality degree online from Everglades University is a great fit for those students who love to interact with people and want to know more about the business sector. Learn more about how to get a hospitality degree online to jumpstart your career in this exciting industry.
Benefits of a Hospitality Degree Online
While some schools only offer a few online courses, Everglades University is ahead of the pack by providing all degree programs on campus and online.
Learn Wherever You Are
Taking an online course makes it easy to fit in your schoolwork no matter where you are in the world. You don’t need to drive to campus, find a parking space, and rush to class. Simply log into your account and access your courses, messages to professors, and coursework with the simple click of a mouse. The accessibility to earn your hospitality degree online is key to the success of many students who want to learn online but may not be located anywhere near campus.
Learn On Your Own Schedule
While some professors may have scheduled meetings, most of the online coursework is accessible 24/7 for your convenience. This allows students to log into their classes when it works for their schedule: in the early morning, at lunch, or even in the middle of the night. The ability to learn when it fits into your schedule is a significant benefit for those working adults who have other commitments during the day.
How to Earn Your Hospitality Degree Online
The Bachelor of Science Degree with a major in Hospitality Management at Everglades University is designed to give students a broad view of everything it takes to succeed in the hospitality industry. These classes include business, management, marketing, economics, communications, and ethical issues.
Course of Study
All Everglades University students must start their degree with a solid foundation of general classes. Program-specific classes then round out the course program that is tailored to your specific degree. The Bachelor of Science Degree with a major in Hospitality Management is a 123-credit degree.
General Education Courses
Students must take 30 credit hours of general education courses to provide a base for their education at Everglades University. All of these classes are 3 credits each.
- English Composition I
- English Composition II
- Introduction to Computer Applications
- American Literature
- College Algebra or College Math
- Political Science
- Fundamentals of Nutrition
- Introduction to Psychology
Lower Division Required Courses
18 credit hours of lower-division courses are designed to introduce you to The Bachelor of Science Degree with a major in Hospitality Management. Again, all of these classes are 3 credits each.
- Accounting Principles I
- Accounting Principles II
- Introduction to Sustainability
- Principles of Hospitality Management
- Front of the House
- Fundamentals of the Service Industry
Everglades University requires 21 credit hours of Interdisciplinary Studies that help add depth and understanding to the hospitality industry. These classes are 3 credits each, or you could take 7 unique interdisciplinary studies classes if applicable. Some transfer credits could be applied to this part of the degree at the discretion of the Dean.
- Principles of Supervision
- Customers Relationship Management
- Introduction to Marketing
- Accounting Information Systems
- Principles of Management
- Organization and Technology of Information Systems
Upper Division Required Courses
The bulk of your studies in earning your hospitality degree online includes these Upper Division courses that total 54 credit hours. Each class is worth 3 credits.
- Relationship Management
- Writing for Managers
- Management Information Systems
- Critical Thinking in Business
- Managerial Accounting and Financial Analysis
- Marketing Management
- Operations Management
- Effective Team Management
- Business Ethics
- Global Strategy and Policy
- Project Management
- Human Resources Management
- Facilities Planning and Management
- Food and Beverage Management
- Effective Customer Service
- Business and Technology of Sustainability
- Convention and Exhibition Management
- Hospitality Management Capstone Course
How To Start Your Hospitality Degree Online
Many prospective students start their online degrees by using the following steps.
- Learn more about this degree by contacting Everglades University for more information.
- Easily apply online for the program to start the process.
- Check out the many financial services available to Everglades University students.
- Take a look at the financial cost of earning your hospitality degree online.
- Review the academic calendar to plan when your first semester will begin.
Earning a hospitality degree online is a great way to jump-start your career in this exciting industry. Everglades University is here to help you along each step of the way. You’ll have access to classes, professors, and support no matter where you live. Take this opportunity to start your career in hospitality management with a degree from Everglades University today!