COVID-19 Information & Updates
06/1/20 | 11AM
We are just checking in to see how you are doing! We hope you and your families are fine and your classes are going well.
Our entire team continues to be available to support you in any way we can. Our University has resources available to you should you need:
- Online faculty tutors via the SMART THINKING platform
- Virtual Librarians to assist you with the EU Online Library
- Academic Advisors/Deans to support you academically, answer questions about your schedule, grades, etc…
- Financial Aid advisors to assist you with financial questions, and if your employment situation has changed or you have lost your job please let us know!
- Student Services Directors to assist you with job placement and other support services
We will be checking on your regularly with wellness calls, but we are just a phone call away if you need our support!
We are proud of our amazing team and we wish our entire student body a safe and healthy term!
We are here if you need our assistance!
All the best,
Everglades University has been very aware of the COVID 19 pandemic and is concerned for the health and wellbeing of our faculty, staff and students. At the present time all Everglades University campuses are operating under normal conditions. We have been having on-going calls with our Campus Leadership to guide the university in its response to this virus and also to discuss a contingency plan should we need one.
So far we have taken the following precautionary measures:
- We have disinfectant globes positioned at all entrances. For campuses without these they have been ordered.
- We have requested our cleaning teams at each campus bleach all door handles and desk tops and common area spaces at the campuses.
- We have posted signs in the bathrooms and around the campus encouraging students & staff & faculty to wash are their hands frequently.
- We have posted notices at the entrances that anyone with COVID19 symptoms should not enter the campus and should then call the campus for assistance.
We are monitoring each campus’s local community to be able to appropriately respond to any potential problem. However, we believe it is in the best interest of our students that all campuses operate in a normal fashion unless specific circumstance require immediate action. Please contact your campus Vice President if you become aware of specific threats. In the meantime, you can ensure that you and your teammates follow the following guidelines.
Promote everyday preventive health behaviors on and off campus:
- Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue. If you don’t have a tissue, cough and sneeze into the inside of your elbow, not your hands.
- Stay home when sick. (if your student is out, please work with them on assignments, etc.)
- Wash hands often with soap and water. If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
Please be aware that we are monitoring the CDC website and directives to ensure up to date information.
Smarthinking for Virtual Academic Support
Smarthinking is a Virtual Academic Platform, where all Everglades University Students have the opportunity to connect with a professional tutor in either real-time or per an appointment. Areas of Academic Support include Business, Math, Science, etc. The most popular component of Smarthinking consists of the Online Writing Lab. Through the Online Writing Lab, all Everglades University Students can submit their essays for review in areas such as grammar, sentence structure, punctuation, etc. Access to Smarthinking could not be easier. Simply click on this link for immediate entrance into the platform. Students can also create an individualized username and password per directives from the above link.
On April 8th, Smarthinking will be offering free webinars for students who are interested. These workshops will be presented by those from Smarthinking, who will go over the various interworking of the platform. For more information about these webinars, which include registration procedures, please check out the following announcement from the Everglades University Library Blog per the link below:
Everglades University Blackboard
Please be aware that we are closely monitoring developments in regards to COVID-19. All of us at Everglades University take your safety very seriously. In the interest of the health and well-being of all students, faculty, and staff, EU will temporarily transition all instruction to an online format.
Please log in to Blackboard at:
The Blackboard Support Page
For those who might need a refresher on Blackboard, The Everglades University Library Blog’s Blackboard Support page might be just what’s needed. Through The Blackboard Support Page, all Everglades University Students will get a chance to view five step access instructions, 6 tutorial videos on the various features which matter the most, information on Smarthinking Single Sign On through Blackboard, and information for back-end tech support. In order to view The Blackboard Support Page, please check out the following link as seen below.
We are here to ensure that your Academic Experience is streamlined with our vast selection of online library and academic resources. With our remote academic support resources such as Smarthinking, our entire student body will have the vital tools needed for the optimal academic experience that our entire Everglades University Team prides ourselves on. Please call or email Adam Brody, MLIS, MSLBE at 407-277-0311/866-289-1078 for additional assistance.
We will alert you when we are able to resume classes on our campuses. Until then, please remain engaged with your instructor and fellow students via the Blackboard system, follow the advice of authorities, and remain safe and healthy.
Resources Available to the Everglades University Community
- Coronavirus Disease 2019 Overview
- Coronavirus Situation Update
- About Coronavirus – FAQs, Symptoms, Prevention & Treatment
Florida Department of Health Resources
The FL Department of Health (DOH) is operating a call center 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to respond to questions: 1-866-779-6121 or COVIDemail@example.com.
Update Your Contact Information
In the event of a campus emergency, Everglades University uses the Omnilert System to notify students, faculty, and staff via phone calls, text messages, and emails.
Students: If you have recently updated you home or mobile phone numbers, you will need to notify your campus registrar immediately.
Faculty and Staff: If you have recently updated you home or mobile phone numbers, you will need to visit https://employee.oasispayroll.com/ and update their contact information.